Puppy Shack

Welcome to the Puppy Shack! (Kittens welcome too) This is a site for my family and friends to see what I am up too, share our stories and keep in touch.

Thursday, December 21, 2006

Merry Christmas Everyone

Merry Christmas Everyone :)

I can't believe that we are only a couple of days away from Christmas Eve. Time is just flying by. I hope you all have a wonderful Christmas with lots of fun with your family and friends.

Well, Hobbes and I made it to Penticton in one piece. It was a bit dicey there last week with a rather unpleasant visit to St. Paul's but I survived and arrived home in one piece. The drive to Penticton was quite long as both mountain passes were under a lot of snow. We ended up taking the Coquihalla which is normally the more dangerous route in winter but it was less curvy and the highway reader boards certainly made it look a bit more positive than the Hope-Princeton Route. I was happy as far as the curves go. I find that I get motion sick at the drop of a hat. As a matter of fact, if I just image driving along a curvy road I will start to feel sick!!! Silly eh.

For some positive news, I'm happy to report that I haven't taken any pills for pain for 2 days now. My Oncologist said that the pain would probably go away fairly quickly and it has certainly shrunk to a low grade feeling. I am so very pleased about this as I take it as a good sign that the chemo is working!

In regards to the chemo, I am really starting to feel better. My energy level is still low but I do feel pretty good in general. The only thing is that I have a new side effect that has shown up. My finger tips are now numb. This is on the list of posibilities so it isn't anything to worry about but it is a strange feeling.

We will be heading back to Vancouver on the 26th or 27th of December depending on the weather. I am hoping that it will snow a lot for Hobbes but it had better stop in time for our trip back to the Lower Mainland. I have to go back to the Cancer Clinic on Dec. 28th for some tests and then the next round of Chemo starts on the 29th. I feel so good at the moment that I am dreading what it is going to do to me. BUT... no pain, no gain, right?!

Merry Christmas
Love Heidi, Hobbes, Casper & Katja

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home